5K Glow Run Comming to Downtown Saturday, November 15th

November 04, 2014

US Nitrogen “Stars & Strides” 5K Glow Run Making Final Preparations As Race Day Grows Closer.

(GREENEVILLE TN) With the final days before the horn sounds counting down, the organizers of the first Stars & Strides 5K are working feverishly to iron out all the final details of the upcoming downtown Greeneville race.

According to race director Randy Brock, the plan has come together quite well despite being challenged with time constraints and this being the first year for the event. “We currently have about half the runners we were hoping for already signed, “ he said. “We are hoping to add more over the next few days as people take advantage of the early registration period.”

The all red, white and blue glow run will kick off at dark on Saturday evening November 15th from the parking lot of the Greeneville Sun and follow a race course through the downtown area.

According to Brock, all paid participating runners will be given red, white and blue glow sticks, glasses, necklaces or other merchandise to give the 5K a patriotic flavor. He also encouraged runners to bring flags or wear other patriotic clothing. “We will be having costume contests for our participants so we want everyone to dress it up and have fun,” he added.

In addition to the 5K run, one of the evening’s planned activities includes showing a video composite presented by VitalmedRX that will feature video salutes from family and friends, and well wishes from the community. If you would like to send a message to a local soldier or veteran on race night, you may do so by e-mailing media@infernogroupcorp.com Individuals or groups are encouraged to participate and there is no charge.

When the residents of downtown Greeneville look out their windows on the evening of November 15th, they may be surprised to see a river of red, white and blue flowing down their city streets.

The Vibe 5, an East Tennessee based 5K race promotion group, has announced its partnership with several local Greeneville businesses to organize the first “Stars & Strides” 5K glow run to honor our local veterans and raise money for their benefit. The race will be held at approximately 6:30 pm on November 15th in downtown Greeneville with all runners sporting red, white and blue glow products.

Melanie Stills, the marketing director for Durham-Hensley Health and Rehabilitation who’s also a race sponsor and co-organizer is very excited about the Stars & Strides coming to Greeneville. “This is an event in which we all win, “ Stills said. “We get an opportunity to honor our military, raise money for our veterans and showcase our beautiful downtown area,” she added.

According to Vibe 5 Race Director Randy Brock, 70% of the proceeds will be donated to the local Veterans Memorial Park and the remaining 30% will be used to buy the supplies and other administrative costs. Brock said the Veteran’s Day race became a strong consideration after the success of the turnout of the original Vibe run at Grills Gone Wild.

“We hope this is an event the entire community will stand behind. We need 125 runners to fill the race up. It’s gonna be a sea of red, white and blue. But even more we ask city residents and the Greeneville community to join us and let’s light up the three mile route with candle light in honor of our fallen soldiers,” Brock said.