Town's First Comprehensive Plan Workshop Set For July 23July 22, 2015
Come and Be Involved.
Town of Greeneville Holding Public Government Workshop
Anyone interested in Public Government is invited to attend the first in a series of workshops for the Town of Greeneville’s Comprehensive Plan on Thursday, July 23.
The Public Government workshop will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. July 23 at the Kathryn W. Leonard Administrative Office of Greeneville City Schools, 129 W. Depot St.
This workshop is a way for residents to take an active participatory role in the future of their town’s local government, according to City Planner Asong Venard.
Participants will come together to formulate policies and strategic actions that will be implemented in the Comprehensive Plan for the town’s growth.
Topics of discussion will include:
• General management and quality of governmental services
• Police services
• Fire services
• Public Works
• Public Library
• Solid Waste
• Public Community Centers
• Public buildings and public properties
• Public-public collaboration
• Public-private partnership
• Public life regulations and enforcement
• Publicity of the Town
• Civic groups
The full schedule of workshops includes:
• Utilities – Aug. 20
• Land Use – Sept. 24
• Transportation – Oct. 8
• Education & Training – Oct. 22
• Health & Environment – Nov. 9
• Commercial & Industrial Development – Dec. 10
• Growth in Special Localities: Downtown – Jan. 21
• Community Activities – Feb. 18
• Capital Improvement – March 10
All workshops are scheduled for 5-8 p.m. at the Kathryn W. Leonard Administrative Office.
For more information please stop by or contact Town Hall, 200 N. College Street, 423-639-7105. Information also is available online at the Town’s website, www.greenevilletn.gov or at the new Facebook page “Town of Greeneville, TN Comprehensive Plan.”